Sunday, August 15, 2010

Hot News of Tomato Weird - I'm Still Speechless

News of the Tomato weird came to me via an eleven year old Boy Scout who was standing in the blazing sun in the 100 degree heat of noon on Tomato Art Fest Day in East Nashville. This child very earnestly and sweatily reported to me in a voice I barely remember, "When the human brain reaches 104 degrees it ceases to process language." Now in the cool bliss of my home, I take a deep breath and wonder if that is why perhaps that I can barely remember anything I said or heard that day. I very mysteriously only recall the things I saw and how I felt.

If you want to know how HOT I felt then next year you should dress like me. I decided to call my outfit "The Black Solar Suit." If you want to make a Solar Suit like mine put on black yoga pants, black sandals, a black halter top dress, and top it with a tiny black lace jacket. Once out on the black topped streets you will realize what we are all doing out in this heat. We are activating our most profound selves by collecting the radiant energy from the sun and absorbing it along with the more than fiery passionate energy from each other.

You might be speechless about all this now but come January when everyone else has S.A.D. all us once seemingly overheated Tomato Festers will be skipping along like a day in May. In the spirit of East Nashville we will be happy to share some of it with you. If someone comes your way in the winter months with an extended pointer finger do not shy from it. Let us ZAP you with our wonder powers that we collected from our day on Woodland Street amidst a sea a red heads, Purple Cherokees, fancy red umbrellas, sweaty kids and dripping ice pops in their melting plastic wrappers. We will be singing to you since our language centers will be cool and energized, "Don't you wish your tomato was HOT like ME?!??, Don'tcha? DON'T CHA? " I know you do! Zaaaaaaaaap!












1 comment: