Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The Art of Healing





















Jason Boylan knows about the art of healing and puts it into practice at his clinic every day at "3rd and Church Health Care." Jason who is a licensed nurse practitioner, along with his partners opened this innovative walk in clinic that also features an in house chiropractor and a house call service.

The first thing you notice when entering "3rd and Church Health Care" is Jason's warm and compassionate face. He has a way of putting you at ease and everything about him sets the tone for the healing that is soon to come. The next thing you notice is the environment that Jason and his partners have created, it is artful, warm and relaxing. The clinic works with local artist to adorn the walls of his clinic with art because they understand the healing nature of art.

I met Jason through my nurse practicioner friend, Mimi Gerber, who also partners with Jason and who has been to my home many times to provide me and my family with medical healing. Mimi has such a gentle and healing presence that getting a steriod shot from her (for the treatment of my posion ivy rash) was like being at a spa.

It was a pleasure for me to install several of my large scale collages at "3rd and Church Health Care" this week. The pieces fit their environment because they provoke the imagination to wander through them telling a story. That's great a way to distract yourself while waiting to see the Dr. You can travel through my art, open magical doors, explore characters and wonder about any number of questions that you come up with. The colors in my work are soothing and the images that I create come from my subconscious and convey restful and beautiful feelings. They are available for closer viewing at "3rd and Church Health Care" and on this site. You may also purchase them at www.partyfaceinvitations.com in the "more" section.

Stop in to "3rd and Church Heath Care" and receive artful healing.

http://3rdandchurchhealthcare.com/

3rd and Church Healthcare
301 Church Street
Corner of 3rd Ave North & Church St
Nashville, TN 37201
(615) 255-7902

3rdandchurchhealthcare@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. I know your artwork looks beautiful in the clinic! It is going to bring so much happiness to people who are ill. Thank you for sharing your gifts!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Beth! I've been pondering how art making is therapy for some as well as viewing art. What a great idea to rotate original art in a medical clinic or hospital. It adds life and healing energy.

    ReplyDelete