Sunday, August 10, 2014

My First Day at NSA - Nashville School of the Arts





These lovely doodles were created on the first day of visual art class by Ar I , Art II and Art Survey students as a warm up in about 15 minutes. Our first day was only a 1/2 day where I met about 140 students in 20 minute frantic rotations of checking roll and passing outa d picking up papers. The students shared something they most wanted me to know about them on the back. I didn't get a chance to look at them until Saturday night. As I started going through these I literally did so with my hand on my heart in awe of their unique expressions, their humor, their beauty, their courage. Later when I read the second day questionnaire I had given them where they elaborated more about themselves I realized even more how brave all these teen artists are because many of them were feeling insecure about their drawing abilities or speaking in front of the class. Each one of these is the reflection of genius that each of these hands, hearts, and minds possess and I value them greatly for their creativity and range of expression. 

Here are some of the things they wanted me to know about them:  

I like to eat a lot
I love nature, especially the beach
I typically draw a lot of animals ( mostly horses) or abstract things
I need to work on creativity
I am a caring person 
I am fun to hang with
I love drawing a lot of things most of the time I can't draw my own thing unless it's really crazy 
I'm super creative and bubbly and very expressive... Be prepared (heart) 
I'm really interested in Renaissance painting and I'm excited to learn more about it 
I prefer to be alone 
I like drawing superheroes
I don't like talking a lot or being put on the spot 
I lived in Hawaii all my life 
I don't have a favorite color- I can never decide 
I am hard working and I like to draw pictures that I can see 
I don't know what my strong part in art is 
I never had much of an art class before, and I can't really draw that well. I usually paint abstract things and what not.
Last year was the first year of art I've taken in 3 Yeats and I only took that half the year 
I am obsessed with several books and TV shows and will most likely make reference to myself and google silently. 
There will never be a day when you don't catch me drawing.
I don't like groups or people. 
I am the type of person who, if in the mood, can create a masterpiece. If not, I am the same as a pencil pouch. Just there! 
I don't like public speaking 
I struggle with creativity
I love food music and art. 
I'm a good artist when I try
Welcome!!!
Welcome to NSA!
I enjoy the surreal. I don't really have anything else to say.
This year is going to be great! 
I can't wait to be in this class I'm sure you'll be a great teacher I hope we have a wonderful school year together! 
I am new to NSA
You seem very nice! This is going to be a good year! 
I am excited for this class and I am glad you're our teacher
I struggle with creativity 
I want to become a fashion designer
I am also a dancer 
I am not organized 
I like to draw anime- style though I can draw realistic I've always wanted to paint clouds 
I really like drawing and sketching, and I most often relate my sketches to books I like or something I have an interest in and try to replicate.  I try really hard with my work ,  and I am somewhat of a perfectionist 
I am not an organized person 
I have never had any art classes. I like drawing anime eyes

No comments:

Post a Comment